Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Big Time Movie Work

So, I've been editing a movie with a TV/football star, a world renouned physicist who's working with Spielberg on a movie, and an apostle of Jesus Christ. How did I get such a great gig? Well, it's my dad's 50th high school reunion video, and they were too cheap to have anyone else do it. I should bill them lawyer hours. Anyway, Logan High School class of 1958 had these people in it, and I edited the video. The sound was terrible so it's a good thing I could fix it.

It's weird to watch their retrospectives. It's also interesting to see that they don't plan to retire. They plan new ventures. Finding meaning in your work throughout life leads to no desire to quit being a participant in life. Elder Cook referred to himself as one of the younger members of the Twelve, which he is, and that he therefore travels quite a bit. I wonder what it's like to come to a group who know everything about you with the calling he now has. Watching the video, it all went very well, and all of the participants seemed to enjoy it. It seemed like the people that came had the opportunity to report the bulk of their life's work to one another. Logan was such a small close-knit place back then, that I think very few people ever have such an opportunity in their lives.

So, the DVD is done, my dad has duplicated it, and only me and about 80 68-year-olds will ever see it, and that's the way they wanted it. They returned and reported, they are satisfied.

No comments: